Thursday, July 17, 2014

GAZA SPEAKS!



LOOK AT ME
 I would love to write poetry about love, 
Paint rainbows and butterflies, 
Smell the scent of pink rose buds, 
And dance; 
Dance with the melody of jubilant bluebirds

I would love to close my eyes and see children smiling 
No guns pointing at their heads 
Tell them stories of lily-like fairies in far-away lands
 Not of bullets shrieking…. missiles exploding 

But 
How can I? 

How can I? 


How can I? 



There is a dagger in my heart 
I am hurting 
Hurting
 I bleed, 
I cringe 


I cry 
HUMANITY, WHERE ARE YOU? 
I am being slaughtered 
Under your watchful eyes
 I am cold… cold…. cold 
I cringe

 I cry 
Humanity, where are you? 
Why do you turn your face away? 
Why do you keep looking the other way? 
I am here
 Languishing 
In Gaza’s alleyways 

Humanity, where are you?
Look at me 
See me 
I am here 
Sighing 
In Gaza’s alleyways
 I cringe

I cry
Humanity,
 Enough turning the other way ! 
Turning a deaf ear
 Turning a blind eye

While I,
and oh ! 
My poor children
Die...




No comments :

Post a Comment